Friday, January 30, 2015

Tutorial Friday By MELISSA



Hello Friends!  Melissa here with you today sharing a fun tutorial using some paper scraps and Freckled Fawn goodies.  If your craft table looks anything like mine,  I'm sure you've got a few scraps piling up :)



The process is simple.  Just grab a few of your favorite dies.  I used a scalloped heart die that cuts two pieces, a scalloped border, and a solid heart.  I used this die twice, one for my glittery, white border, and a second time, for a solid, pink heart.  I also used a cover plate die that cuts out tiny hearts.  If you don't have anything like this, skip this step and just stick with your first two layers, or consider adding a layer of vellum.



I layered my solid, pink heart underneath the tiny, hearts....watch the layering start to unfold :).   I can't create without a few layers added to each card.



I then added my scalloped border around the edge.  The paper rosette didn't make it into my project after all...I never know what I'm going to use when I get started, but this little lovely will show up in another project soon :)



Now that our large, layered heart is assembled, it's time to add it to our card front.  I first added a bit of contrasting paper down the fold of the card and some scrunched seam binding.  I then added a label sticker (from the OHDEERME February Embellishment kit), across the center of my heart.



Now for the fun!  I added glittered, chipboard hearts, a wood chip heart, resin flower, enamel heart, and some sequins.  Some of these fun elements can be found in the Freckled Fawn shop, but some you'll find in the OHDEERME February kit.



A bit of stamping for my sentiment and some florals, and that's it!  A sweet and fun card to create and a great way to use up your scraps.
Thanks for visiting!
Melissa Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Melissa- you seriously need to teach me how to make cards, YOU'RE AMAZING GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online